Breakthrough in Death of Prince

Prince

I’m sure everyone was shocked to learn that two years ago, on April 21, 2016, Prince had suddenly passed away. Prince, a singer, songwriter, musician record producer, actor and director was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was best known for his uniqueness in music, often flamboyant attitude and daring fashion choices. One of his greatest feats was his impressive vocal range and the innovation, similar to pop icon Michael Jackson, which he instilled in many musical forms. Prince was involved with such styles as funk, rock, R&B, new wave, soul psychedelia and especially pop music. Worldwide, record sales were over 100 million which made him one of the best selling music artists of the time. Prince won 8 Grammy Awards, 6 American Music Awards, 1 Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for the film Purple Rain. Among his many accomplishments, Prince was also an inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.

Prince2

Prince had an outstanding wave of success throughout his time as an artist and was often considered a symbol in defying societal or industry labels. He was one of the most versatile artists and showed continuous artistic brilliance with his ability to experiment with a myriad of sounds, textures and genres. Although considered “different” he was well respected by everyone he came across and praised for his prowess. It was indeed shocking to learn that he had passed supposedly from drug overdose. However, recent news has identified Prince’s cause of death a result of ingesting a counterfeit pill filled with a powerful drug called fentanyl which Prince assumed was a common painkiller. What is even more shocking is that a prosecutor in the case states that no charges would be filed in Prince’s death even with the recent discovery.

Sources say Prince was addicted to pain medication as the artist had suffered from pain for years, but there was no direct evidence that a specific individual provided the fentanyl. Investigative materials were revealed which showed that Prince had been found on the floor of his Paisley Park estate near an elevator with his back on the floor and his eyes closed. In fact, the doctor previously accused of prescribing Prince illegal drugs was acquitted as the prescription he provided was not linked to the death. The autopsy revealed the dose of Fentanyl in his system which is a synthetic opioid 50 times more powerful than heroin.

Prince3.jpg

Many knew Prince as someone who lived a clean life, but uncovered documents say otherwise. He was supposedly a man struggling with an addiction. Nights before the passing, Prince passed out on a flight from Atlanta which had to make an emergency stop. He was revived with two doses of drugs that reverse effects of opioids. It is clear that Prince was struggling with pain and addiction. However, it is heartbreaking that he could not retrieve help before the situation turned fatal.

Check out Prince’s Purple Rain below…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s